Senior Accountant Early Help
Senior Accountant Early Help PO4
The post holder will provide a business focussed strategic financial advisory and support service to Early Help services.
Candidates will need to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience of Early Help services to provide the level of support required in this position, including knowledge of current legislation and legislative proposals, the challenges affecting the service area and the strategies being applied to address them.
Indicative qualifications include:
• Part-qualified Accountant (CCAB recognised) or fully qualified AAT or significant experience of working in a Public Sector finance environment.
• GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Maths grade A-C.
• Excellent ICT skills , including high proficiency in Excel and Word
• Excellent standards of written and verbal English
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.