Area Catering Manager
London Borough of Waltham Forest
WF Traded Services
Waltham Forest Catering
School Meals Service
Are you an experienced multi-site front-line catering manager with school meals experience? Are you able to lead and motivate a team to deliver excellent quality, freshly cooked school meals and help develop and grow our business?
An exciting opportunity exists for 2 experienced, enthusiastic Area Catering Managers to join our progressive school meals team. You must be a catering professional, able to work on your own initiative and:
- Lead, motivate and develop the catering team to consistently deliver an excellent school meals service
- Have recent experience of managing a multi-site school meals service
- Be creative in planning menus and developing recipes to meet strict School Food Standards, nutritional guidelines and Food for Life Catering Mark Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, interacting well with a variety of people, including children & young people, headteachers, parents, school governors and catering staff
- Have experience of managing client relations and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage income, profitability, food, labour and other costs within agreed budgets
- Be innovative in developing new income opportunities to increase sales
- Have a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Standards, Food Safety, HACCP and Food Information Regulations, and their practical application in school meals
- Have excellent craft skills and hold a relevant craft catering qualification
- Have experience of kitchen planning and good knowledge of current and new equipment
- Be fully committed to working and contributing as part of a team to achieve excellent outcomes and continuous improvement
- Be IT proficient
This post is subject to vetting and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and medical.
Waltham Forest requires that all adults who work with pupils promote pupil safety and wellbeing; adhering to policies to ensure effective Child Protection and Safeguarding provision, either directly or indirectly.
Shortlisting date: 12 April 2017
Interview date: 24 April 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.