Contract Type: Full-Time - Permanent
Start Date : September 2017
Salary: Teacher - Main Pay Scale
We are seeking to appoint a class teacher with vision and energy to join our team. NQT's are also welcome to apply.
You should have experience of curriculum planning and delivery, pastoral welfare, be a good communicator and have high standards of behaviour and discipline.
Applicants should be:
- An excellent practitioner with high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour.
- A team player who is friendly, positive, proactive and has good interpersonal skills
- A creative thinker and learner with a love for learning
We can offer:
- A Good School – Ofsted July 2012
- Bespoke CPD with opportunities across all phases
- Lively and enthusiastic children
- An inclusive approach to education
- The support of a friendly, committed and motivated leadership team
We welcome, and actively encourage, visits to our school to find out more about the friendly atmosphere at Mission Grove Primary. Visits are scheduled for Thursday 30th March 2017 at 9am, to arrange a visit please contact Debi Swinhoe on 020 8509 6200 or email Debi.Swinhoe@missiongrove.org.uk.
Application packs are available to download from the school website.
Completed forms should be sent via email to Debi.Swinhoe@missiongrove.org.uk or posted to the Buxton Road address detailed above. Only applications submitted on the local authority application form will be considered.
Mission Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of young children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and be required to complete the Disqualification by Association declaration form.
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th April 2017 at 12 noon
Interview date: Friday 21st April 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.