Resident Affairs Caseworker
Resident Affairs Caseworker x2
‘Protecting the assets of residents who lack the capacity to manage their financial affairs’
Working as part of Resident Financial Services you will manage a varied Court of Protection and Appointeeship caseload, drafting applications and dealing with complex cases.
We are looking for a versatile, numerate individual with strong communication skills, as this post requires contact with a broad range of organisations
If you can deliver solutions with a rigorous attention to detail and are committed to protecting vulnerable adults contact us for further details.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with financial systems and the general public and ability to work on your own initiative.
- Knowledge of the role of the Office of the Public Guardian and Court of Protection and an understanding of adult protection issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both residents and a broad range of internal departments and external agencies.
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to a diverse community.
For more information contact Marcus Power - Resident Financial Services Manager, on 020 8496 4527.
Interview and test dates: 19/20 April 2017.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.