CATERING ASSISTANTS (REQUIRED DURING SCHOOL TERM TIME ONLY)
PAY: £9.74 per hour.
CORE HOURS: 11.30am to 2.30pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch break. Monday to Friday (Total 12.5 paid hours per week)
Waltham Forest Catering provide healthy tasty food for children and young people in various schools within the Borough. You will be carrying out a high standard of catering duties which include the preparation and serving of healthy food, washing up and cleaning the kitchen to a high standard.
You must be committed to providing a high standard of service to our customers. You should also:
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be willing to smile and be friendly to our customers.
- Have an enthusiasm for working with children.
- Be able to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Be clean and tidy in your appearance
- Have the ability to learn and achieve excellent hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Be physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy loads
- Have excellent communication skills
Full training and uniform will be provided. You must be prepared to travel around the borough if require to cover the needs of the service.
Please note you will have a basic numeracy and literacy test which you have to pass prior to interview.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date 24th March 2017
Interview date: Week commencing 3rd April 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.